Tuesday, January 3, 2012

To-Read January 2012


This year, I'm striving to read 75 books.  In 2011, I read 63 (my goal was 50).  Since I overshot my goal by 13, I decided to aim higher for 2012.

In order to stay on track with my goal (which averages at 6.25 books per month) and also keep up with the 2012 Debut Author Challenge, I decided to set up a "To-Read Notebook" where I planned out my reading selections.

Above is page one, with titles and authors in blue, reasons behind the selection in red.  And the pretty typewriter paperweight I got for Christmas is holding my notebook open.  Don't you love it?  :P

I chose Cinder as my first debut novel because I've heard sooooo much about it, and I've been bit by curiosity.

Other debut novels I'm interested in:
-The Cabinet of Earths
-Black Boy White School
-The Alchemy of Forever (after reading rave reviews)
-The Gathering Storm
-Tempest
-The Book of Wonders
-Incarnate (after reading rave reviews)
-Article 5 (after reading rave reviews)

This is the first time I've done this... planned my reading selections in advance... so we'll see how it goes.  I tried to balance traditional paper books with Kindle selections.  Because I still own and buy paper books... despite the fact that I now prefer the experience of reading on my Kindle...

And so far I'm LOVE, LOVE, LOVING Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)