Monday, February 13, 2012

MIA: Going to Harry Potter World

I'm going to be missing from the blogosphere for the next week because I'm going to Harry Potter World in Orlando, Florida!!!  I'm stoked.  I've been bugging my family to go since it opened and we're finally doing it (and a week before my birthday, how awesome is that?!?!)  My grandparents also live down in Florida during the winter and I'll get to spend some quality time with them, too.  Plus, 80 degree weather is way better than 20 degree weather. I am definitely going to need it, because this week I'm working two 14-hour workdays because of parent conferences.

So I won't be around much.  All I'll have is my iPhone for internet access.

I'm excusing myself from writing this week, which hopefully means I'll knock a few books out and post some reviews when I get back.

And I'll definitely have pics and a full review of Harry Potter World!  Wheeeee!

Anyone been to HP World already and have some tips to share?

8 comments:

  1. Have fun at HP! I spent my whole summer practically there since I have an annual pass. You're going at non-peak times so I'm sure it won't be as crowded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were a little worried since it is a holiday weekend (President's Day), but hopefully it still shouldn't be bad.

      You're so lucky you spent all summer there!!! So awesome!

      Delete
  2. Oh, man, you are so lucky! I want to go sooooo bad. One of these days!!!! And what an awesome early birthday present! Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel very lucky! I'm the one who got my whole family hooked on Harry Potter, so it will be extra fun to go with them :)

      Delete
  3. OMG IT IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!

    Tips: If you want to be chosen for the wand choosing ceremony make sure you're at the front of the room where the guy is.

    Go on the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey as many times as possible, but make sure you buy the picture of you on it for the first time.

    Do the walk through of the castle, and take your time.

    Spend some time in the bathrooms.

    Spend some time in the Three Broomsticks and OBSERVE.

    Watch the choir!! And the Beauxbaton/Durmstrang performance. BUT ESPECIALLY THE CHOIR. MULTIPLE TIMES IF POSSIBLE BECAUSE THEY CHANGE SONGS.

    Spend some time just sitting and soaking it all in. YOU'RE AT FREAKING HOGWARTS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the awesome tips!!!!!!!!!!!
      You sound like an insider ;)

      Delete
  4. JEALOUS! I've decided that I'm going to wait a few years before making my way down there. They're planning to expand and build Diagon Alley as well but that won't be ready for awhile and it's going to be an expensive enough trip as if - which is why I'll wait to see it all at once!

    ReplyDelete

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)