Saturday, December 22, 2012

Winter Break Book List 2012

Today is the start of my winter break. I have eleven glorious days off. I am hoping to get a lot of reading and writing done, and want to share what books are at the top of my to-read list. I literally have to put together a list because I have to pack to go home to my parent's house. So these are the books I'm taking with me... as well as my Kindle for back-up.

Titles link to Goodreads.
Links to reviews that persuaded me to read the books are included as well!

I've spent the last month re-reading Leviathan so that I could finish out this series. I finished reading Behemoth last week, and am now ready to tackle the last book in this clever steampunk trilogy. If you love great world-building and spunky characters, you should check this series out!

Re-Read Unwind by Neal Shusterman
Read UnWholly by Neal Shusterman
Unwind is probably the most eerie and thought-provoking dystopian books I've ever read.  The story stuck with me long after I finished.  Originally intended to be a standalone novel, when a sequel was announced years after Unwind's publication, everyone in my family got excited because we'd all read Unwind.  My mom has read Unwholly already and said it's genius.  I can't wait to find out for myself!

Re-Read Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Read Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
Daughter of Smoke and Bone was one of my favorite books of 2012, and I've long been awaiting the sequel after the cliffhanger ending that Laini Taylor left us with.  I've heard that this is an emotionally draining but amazing sequel.  I'm drooling a little bit as I look at the book sitting on my bookshelf.  Can't wait!

Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefavater
I've read every book by Maggie Stiefvater except her two most recent releases.  I love Maggie and adore her blog.  I've started Scorpio Races twice already, but life keeps getting in the way whenever I pick it up.  Maggie's books also tend to take me awhile to get through because her pacing is a little slower than I'm prone to read.  Plus both these books are on the hefty side.  Friends and bloggers are raving about both books and I have had them on my TBR list for awhile now.



Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Everyone is praising this book as one of the best fantasy reads of the year, and I'm eager to see what all the hype is about!




Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Another book with a lot of hype and praise circulating.  This hardback is begging to be opened!



The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielson
The premise of this book captivated me as well as all the positive reviews.  I'm hoping this is a book I can recommend to my middle schoolers, but we'll see!


I'm probably overestimating myself with this list, because not a single one of these books are short, quick reads.  But all of them are books I've been wanting to read for a long time now.  Here's to lots of cozy reading days!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the links! I hope you enjoy those books as much as I did. Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some seriously good books picked out. Raven Boys and Scorpio Races are SOOOOOO good. I can't wait to hear what you think of them!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)