Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hughes Reviews January '13

January was a big month!  I came back from hiatus and posted almost every day!  Woot!  I probably won't be able to keep that up because I don't normally read that quickly, but I should still manage 1-2 book reviews a week.


I also have to thank my brother, Patrick, who created a bunch of new pretty graphics for my blog this month.  He designed the new background (which is similar to the old one but with photographs instead).  My mom is an amazing photographer and photographed the typewriter I got for Christmas (from my other brother) which is now featured in the background images.  Patrick also designed a button and the "Hughes Reviews Seal of Approval."  The first book to be honored with the Hughes Reviews Seal of Approval was Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld.


Here's what went down on Hughes Reviews this January:

Reviews:

Behind the Story Posts:

Debut Author Challenge:

Top Ten Tuesdays:

4 comments:

  1. Wow, the new design looks great! Tell your brother he did a fantastic job! I'm impressed!

    And I love that you did a round-up. I don't always have time to check other blogs as much as I'd like, so now I can dip into your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks great! I love the new design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background; your family does sound pretty great! You were quite busy this month. I did well except for this past week. lol

    -lauren

    p.s.I wish I lived near you (well, really, I don't know WHERE you live) because I could use a new movie buddy too. lol Hope you get to see Argo soon though.

    ReplyDelete

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)