Saturday, February 23, 2013

Book Blogger Love-a-Thon Interview Swap


The Book Blogger Love-a-Thon is is an online event that spends one whole day celebrating book blogging, book bloggers and book blogs all over the world. This event is hosted by Alexa at Alexa Loves Books and Katelyn at Tales of Books and Bands.

My first post for the Book Blogger Love-a-Thon is an interview with Dana from Little Lovely Books.  I was instantly charmed by Dana's blog because of all the adorable owls!  Dana is a mom of 2 who enjoys blogs, reading, all things entrepreneurship and growing her faith in God. We sent each other questions about books and blogging.  Here are Dana's answers to my questions:

1. What inspired you to start blogging? 
Like many bloggers I know, I started blogging as a way to update friends and family on my kids. That turned into me posting about many different things. In an effort to keep it all straight I started my book blog so that all mybook related posts would be there.

2. What would your ideal cozy reading spot look like? 
Curled up on my couch with a freezing cold Diet Coke within arms reach.

3. What are three things you look for in a good book? 
I am huge on believable dialogue. interesting characters and a great setting.

4. Were there any blogs, friends, or resources that helped you when you just started blogging? 
Unfortunately, no. Very few even knew what a blog was. I just learned by reading other people's blogs and figuring out what I liked about theirs.

5. What are a few of your favorite book blogs? 
When I saw this question I checked my Google Reader and I currently have 35 bookblogs that I follow. I hate to pick favorites but I love Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner (http://www.perpetualpageturner.com/), Alexa at Alexa Loves Books (www.alexalovesbooks.com), Gillian at Writer of Wrongs (gillianeberry.blogspot.com), Kat at The Aussie Zombie (theaussiezombie.blogspot.com) and Eva from A Striped Armchair (astripedarmchair.wordpress.com).

To see what questions Dana asked me, and how I answered them, take a minute to stop by Dana's blog at Little Lovely Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love discussing books and writing with people, so thank you for taking the time to comment!

If you leave a link to your blog, I will always try to comment back :)